Download link: http://www.multiupload.nl/KMKMWW81EZ
Yet another application update, bringing PS3 Game List to v2.1. Due to the major framework revision implemented in v2.0, some of the new features needed more polishing to better suit the app engine.
This version improves PS3GL responsiveness while loading data from multiple media sources (game folders, PKGs, ISOs and RAR compressed files) simultaneously. Basically, it means less time waiting and more time doing stuff that matters.
Another long time requested feature is the ability to manually add a game to the loaded list and search for its updates, even if the game is not in the user’s library. Fret no more, simply add the game to your list and PS3GL will search for its updates (to be fair, it was already possible to do that by importing a standalone game list from Excel).
Speaking of which, PS3GL now exports and imports a game list saved in CSV file format as well. It is useful to future application ports (since the Linux and Mac releases never had that feature), and to those Windows users that did not have Excel installed (the option to export to Worksheet format was maintained, and Office 2013 is now supported).
As you have noticed, PS3GL dropped support for Windows Xp due to framework limitations (the new compiler no longer supports Xp binaries), working just fine under Vista, Seven and Eight. Still looking into a Xp alternative for those interested, check back for updates.
As usual, feel free to suggest something new, and, if you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well.
PS3 Game List change-log and features:
- Improved application responsiveness (while loading multiple game formats simultaneously);
- Users can now download updates for games they do not own (by clicking on the corresponding icon and inputting the game ID, e.g. BCUS98114);
- Support for CSV file format (users can export their game list to a CSV file and later import it as well; improved app portability and useful to those who do not use Excel);
- Fixed Excel importing/exporting (for those who prefer using the worksheet format; requires Microsoft Excel installed);
- Fixed application crash while loading malformed SFOs.
- Support for compressed RAR files (including multivolume and password protected archives, data stored as a RAR file will not be editable; an icon will overlay both avatar and background image in order to differentiate the entry from standard game folders, and the tooltip will display additional info about the file; note that RAR files, like ISO images and PKG files, do not follow the ‘folder depth’ configuration, just have them stored at the root of a directory and they will be loaded as a regular game folder);
- Option to play videos (PAM files) instead of displaying static avatar images (configuration via settings dialog);
- Users can now customize table columns layout (configuration via settings dialog);
- Game titles are loaded according to the selected language (e.g. Uncharted 2 will read “Uncharted 2: Among Thieves” in English , “Uncharted 2: Il covo dei ladri” in Italian, “Uncharted 2: El reino de los ladrones” in Spanish, and so on);
- Additional tags _SIZE_ and _REGION_ for custom rename (e.g. “_TITLE_ – (_ID_)[_FIRMWARE_][_REGION_][_SIZE_]” => “Gran Turismo 5 – (BCUS98114)[3.50][USA][17 GB]”, “(_REGION_)[_SIZE_][_FIRMWARE_][_ID_][_TITLE_]” => “(USA)[17 GB][3.50][BCUS98114][Gran Turismo 5]”, etc.);
- Further PARAM.SFO editing (SFO category and Remote play options);
- Game titles starting with “The” will have the article shifted to the end after renaming for improved sorting (e.g. “The Need for Speed” will be renamed to “Need for Speed, the”);
- New chart for disk status (one that actually looks good);
- Line selection will now trigger a smooth blend animation between game avatars;
- PS3 Game List will now display an animated application logo;
- Built with the latest major release of Qt (version 5), OpenSSL lib and compiler for improvements in speed, security and size;
- Windows 8 support;
- Featured installer/uninstaller;
- Fixed renaming game titles with line feed characters;
- Fixed renaming game titles with Unicode characters;
- Fixed settings dialog minor translation issue.
- Fixed issue that prevented firmware info from loading.
- PKG file support (both release and debug PKGs are supported, data stored as a PKG file will not be editable; an icon will overlay both avatar and background image in order to differentiate the entry from standard game folders, and the tooltip will display additional info about the file; note that PKG files, like ISO images, do not follow the ‘folder depth’ configuration, just have them stored at the root of a directory and they will be loaded as a regular game folder);
- Improved SFO parser;
- Fixed issue that prevented some ISO files from loading;
- Fixed minor tooltip issues.
- ISO 9660 file system image support (currently read-only, data stored as an ISO image will not be editable; an icon will overlay both avatar and background image in order to differentiate the entry from standard game folders, and the tooltip will display additional info about the volume; note that ISO images do not follow the ‘folder depth’ configuration, just have them stored at the root of a directory and they will be loaded as a regular game folder);
- Linux version now allows game directory browsing;
- Fixed issue causing eventual background image distortion.
- Hovering the mouse over a populated list displays tooltip containing the selected game info and background miniature (configuration via settings dialog);
- Additional tag _FIRMWARE_ for custom rename (e.g. “_TITLE_ – (_ID_)[_FIRMWARE_]” => “Gran Turismo 5 – (BCUS98114)[3.50]”, “[_FIRMWARE_][_ID_][_TITLE_]” => “[3.50][BCUS98114][Gran Turismo 5]”, etc.).
- Allows users to hide the extra frames (avatar, video resolution and audio) in order to gain horizontal space and better display standard game info;
- Downloaded updates will be prefixed with targeted PS3 system version (e.g. 02.4000_UP9000-BCUS98103_00-UNCHARTEDDF1SCEA-A0110-V0101-PE.pkg);
- Additional language support: Spanish;
- Fixed issue while joinning files from multiple folders.
- Splits files over 4GB using .666xx fragments for FAT32 compatibility (a file named “filename.ext” will be split as “filename.ext.66600″, “filename.ext.66601″, etc.);
- Joins file fragments back into the original file (joining will not be performed if the volume format is FAT32 ; configuration via settings dialog);
- Updates will be queued again after a hash test fail (requested feature);
- Fixed drive usage info for Japanese text;
- Fixed minor French translation issues.
- Allows multiple simultaneous downloads (configuration via settings dialog);
- Supports download pausing/resuming;
- Displays download speed;
- Allows users to indicate whether a game loads from the external hard disk or not (double click on the correspondent cell to select the desired value, the info will be stored at ‘external.txt’ when the save action is performed; the file can be manually edited, the format is [GAME_ID] [CODE], where [CODE] can be 0 (Not Tested), 1 (Not Working) or 2 (Working); e.g. BCUS98114 0);
- Full Unicode support (UTF-8) (configuration via settings dialog; by enabling Unicode, the application will render non-Latin characters used in western languages, special symbols, etc.; text will be rendered using ISO-8859-1(Latin-1)/Windows-1252 otherwise);
- Displays check items (flags) as icons (configuration via settings dialog);
- Indicates whether a game update has been downloaded (partially or in full);
- Overwrite confirmation is no longer asked (the package SHA1sum is checked instead; if the hash test fails, the update will be added to the download queue);
- Additional language support: Japanese;
- Fixed _TITLE_/_ID_ order issue (custom rename);
- Fixed image loading issue after folder renaming;
- Fixed drive usage info;
- Updated German text (thanks to Whynot for the correct translation).
- Loads info from multiple game folders (configuration via settings dialog);
- FTP renaming (via FTP context menu);
- Additional option to rename game folders to a user defined format using the tags _TITLE_ and _ID_ (e.g. “_TITLE_ (_ID_)” => “Gran Turismo 5 (BCUS98114)”, “[_ID_][_TITLE_]” => “[BCUS98114][Gran Turismo 5]”, “XYZ -_TITLE_” => “XYZ -Gran Turismo 5″, “[_[_ID_]_]” => “[_[BCUS98114]_]”, etc. ; notice that at least one of the tags must be present and the characters ‘\’, ‘/’, ‘:’, ‘*’, ‘?’, ‘”‘, ‘<‘, ‘>’ and ‘|’ cannot be used);
- Exports game list to Excel file format (requires Microsoft Excel installed);
- Imports game list from a previously saved Excel file [requires Microsoft Excel installed; games can be manually added (a game title and a valid ID must be filled), and the worksheet layout must be followed, otherwise the rows will be skipped];
- Additional option to display disk status;
- Displays number of games and total size permanently at the status bar.
- Loads game info stored at the PS3 (via FTP context menu);
- Downloads updates of games stored at the PS3;
- Allows users to set a default download folder (via settings dialog);
- Game folder depth configuration (via settings dialog; e.g. “Z:\GAMEZ\Gran Turismo 5\BCUS98114\” instead of “Z:\GAMEZ\BCUS98114\”);
- Allows replacing of game avatar and background image with custom ones (backup option via settings dialog);
- Displays FAT32 compatibility (notice the “Bootable” column indicates whether a large file is split into smaller parts);
- Additional option to rename game folders multiMAN style;
- Context menu support (right click on list items to activate);
- Initial FTP support (download/upload via context menu);
- Proxy support;
- Allows mass renaming of game folders (to match game id or game title);
- Choosing not to overwrite an existing update no longer aborts the download process (the next update in line gets selected);
- Fixed creation date sorting issue.
- Allows further PARAM.SFO editing (video resolution and audio format);
- Remembers game folder location and language settings;
- Fixed crash while loading malformed PARAM.SFO.
- Downloads all updates for a selected game instead of the latest one only;
- Fixed column order issue.
- Allows PARAM.SFO editing (game title and firmware version);
- Allows directory renaming;
- Allows game directory browsing (through an external explorer.exe call);
- Lists available game updates (version and size);
- Downloads game updates;
- Fixed minor translation issues.
- Makes use of multiple threads to load game info faster;
- Lists game title, id, firmware version, size, boot status, and creation date from any directory;
- Displays game’s avatar and background image;
- Allows game list to be exported to a text file;
- Multilanguage support: English, French, German, Italian and Portuguese.